Are You Ready to Sell Your Business?
Selling your business is a major milestone decision. You have devoted your time, money, and energy into building, running, and operating your business. It may well represent your life’s work.
At Freedom For Founders, we respect every owners decision that "now is the time to sell". Unfortunately, after analysis many businesses are not ready to be purchased and if the owner is forced to sell then the business is often stripped of its value, changing hands for little to no cash.
80% of Businesses offered for Sale each year do not sell
Plan to exit on your terms or be forced to exit on someone else’s.
Every business owner will eventually be faced with one of two decisions; (1) transition the business to new ownership or (2) liquidate and close the business.
Unfortunately far too many businesses are forced into option 2 due to poor advice, bad timing and unexpected events like divorce, disease, distress, disputes and death. The goal of every sale strategy should be to ensure your business is ready to sell to meet your retirement goals long before you are ready to retire.
BENCHMARK PROGRAM - is for any owner without a formal business valuation and buyers assessment to determine if their business is ready to sell based on an earnings valuation and terms that satisfy the owner's financial goals.
DISCOVERY PROGRAM - is for owners that operate under a functional business structure with different departments such as Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance. We will complete a mergers & acquisitions (M&A) business attractiveness and readiness assessment, brokers opinion of value based on adjusted earnings, financial freedom point calculation, and exit & action plan so you're fully prepared to make an informed decision on whether to sell, transition or continue to grow your organization.
Program Length: 6 weeks
UNLOCK PROGRAM - if you're ready to exit and we determine your business is ready to sell, we will provide professional guidance each step of the way. This is when working with us can make the difference between just getting rid of the business and selling it for the best price and terms. Our comprehensive & confidential M&A program will prepare, position and promote your business for sale, introducing buyers, facilitating due diligence and negotiating the final sale through closing.
Program Length: 12 months.
Are you still ready to sell?
Take the EXIT READINESS QUIZ:
YES or NO Answers
- I have invested time and money to learn and educate myself on how to successfully exit or transition my business or I’ve sold a business in the past?
- My personal expenses paid for by the company and my salary are reasonable and can be justified by the buyer's accountant and lawyer?
- I have a coordinated advisory team that includes a lawyer, accountant, financial advisor, and spouse/partner at a minimum?
- I have written contingency or estate plan to operate the business and manage its sale or transition if I become unable to do so?
- I have completed a business valuation and a review of my personal affairs (financial, estate, tax, etc.) within the last 24 months?
- I have identified and evaluated all my exit options with respect to my personal, financial and business goals and selected the one that is best for me?
- I have a written exit plan that outlines my goals and the steps and timelines required to achieve a successful exit and have shared it with my family & advisors?
- I have vision for my 'life after exit' and plans in place to address my wealth, insurance, tax, and estate to sustain my lifestyle?
- I am confident that my business is attractive to potential buyers, will secure high value and is ready to undergo a detailed due diligence process?
- I have a strong management team who have relationships with customers, suppliers and understand the systems & processes that will allow the business to succeed without me?
- Take control of your outcome
- Gain confidence with a business valuation
- Feel empowered and agile, ready to respond to economic change
- Drive growth with informed action and investment strategies
- Rejuvenate your excitement for work
- Foster optimism and future aspirations
- Experience REAL FREEDOM